[Athen] Telex Scholar Plus issue solved

Dann Berkowitz dann at digilifemedia.biz
Sun Nov 30 13:46:21 PST 2008

Hello all,

The issue we were having getting DTB's to play on the Telex Scholar Plus has been solved. It turns out that it was not an issue with either the player or the manner in which we were building the DAISY books - but rather an issue with how Microsoft Vista burns CD's.

The default setting within Vista is the "Live File System" which treats every CD or DVD as a Re-Writable disc. Being new to Vista I did not realize this. Thanks to the response of George Kerscher and his information that he had not been in touch with anyone from Telex in a "long long time" - this got me thinking about the differences between older and newer models of CD players. This led me to locate Vista information (RTFM if you will) and I discovered the options available in burning CD's on Vista where older playback devices are concerned. It turns out that the Telex Scholar Plus I purchased brand new was actually manufactured in 2004 (according to the serial number tag) and the manual for this unit was last updated in 2006.

Thanks to everyone who got back to me on this --- Dann

Daniel Berkowitz
Digilife Media, LLC
1 Bryant Avenue
Bradford, MA 01835-7424