[Athen] running JAWS on a dual boot MAC

Ogami, Sam sogami at calstate.edu
Fri Apr 24 15:17:08 PDT 2009

Hello Howard,

I have been able to run JAWS 9 and 10 with VMWare fusion. You if your going to run it on a mac laptop you will need to map the insert key as laptop keyboard does not have it.

You can map keys in windows with software:
http://webaim.org/blog/screenreaders_on_mac/
http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

Or you can use keyboard combo for insert key:
On a MacBook or MacBook Pro keyboard, press Fn-M.
On a full-sized Mac keyboard, press the Help key.

I just use a standard usb keyboard myself and this works fine.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Sam Ogami
Accessible Technology Expert
CSU Office of the Chancellor