[Athen] running JAWS on a dual boot MAC

Pratik Patel pratikp1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 16:13:56 PDT 2009

Hello Howard,

I use a Macbook with JAWS 9 in the dual boot environment as well as with
Fusion in JAWS 10. I aven't bothered to upgrade JAWS on the Windows
partition yet. I also have NVDA and system access installed under Fusion.
Lack of the insert key could become a problem. But with the laptop layout,
the capslock key functions well most times.

I've tried using dragon under Fusion but found it problematic only because
of the memory requirements. I'm having my memory upgraded to address the
issue. I don't think there will be a problem once this is addressed.

I have another virtual machine running the Windows 7 beta and a JAWS demo.
This works well too. Some difficulties because of lack of official support
but nothing major.

Regards,

Pratik