[Athen] Text to Speech Software and Vista 64 bit

Ed. Rosenthal edward at ngtvoice.com
Mon Apr 27 08:41:42 PDT 2009

IMHO the speech engine in Windows Vista has always struck me as reasonably
accurate; to date our biggest challenge has been that there's not a lot of
user interface, no help files, and the fact that we can only use it in
Microsoft Word environments for direct dictation has been very limiting.
Having said that, for people willing to meet it half way (like Linux) I
think it's viable, and the price is certainly right. I've put up some
informational pages starting with
http://www.ngtvoice.com/products/software/wsr/ and from the right hand
navigation panel there's some additional information including some of the
commands at: http://www.ngtvoice.com/products/software/wsr/commands.htm .
We've not posted information about the macro capability but have done some
scripting in that regard as well and there are some code samples available
(see below).

I also find the product manager's, Rob Chambers, blog helpful... it is
located at:

http://blogs.msdn.com/robch/default.aspx

Edward S. Rosenthal

President and CEO

Next Generation Technologies, Inc. (NGT Inc.)

20006 Cedar Valley Rd. #101

Lynnwood, Wa. 998036-6334

Ph: 425-744-1100 ext. 15

Fx: 425-778-5547

Skype: ed.rosenthal7

EM: edward at ngtvoice.com <mailto:edward at ngtvoice.com>

<http://www.ngtvoice.com> and <http://www.ngtmedical.com>

This document may have been dictated with speech recognition software.
Please disregard any remaining miscrecognitions.