[Athen] Dragon 10 and Mouse Grid

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Tue Aug 4 10:48:07 PDT 2009

First, when is the last time that the computer was powered off? Remember
that Dragon requires the computer to power down to allow it to "clean up"
after itself. I'd try that whenever this problem occurs to see if it makes
any difference.

Second, Dragon is notorious for not working quite as well on laptops. Part
of it is the ambient noise issue--dictating in different locations sounds
different--but it also just seems to be a Dragon quirk that a number of
laptop users have reported. The ambient noise issue can be aided by doing a
few minutes of general training in each new setting (Tools > Accuracy Center

> Perform General Training).

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.