[Athen] Problems with Access features of Adobe Pro 9

Howard Kramer Howard.Kramer at Colorado.EDU
Fri Aug 14 09:46:21 PDT 2009

Hello All:

I conducted a hands-on workshop on accessible pdf yesterday - something I haven't done in a while. I tested everything in Adobe Acrobat Pro 8.12 on my XP Pro pc.

Of course, the lab had a different configuration - Vista with Adobe 9 Pro. I couldn't get the reflow feature or the reordering feature to work correctly. For he former, reflow simply did not work - when I enlarged text, it would simply move out beyond the view of the window and not wrap to the new borders. For the latter - reordering - I couldn't "select" graphic items that had been identified as artifacts by Acrobat, in order to include them in the tag structure.

Has anyone had this experience - is this a bug in Acrobat 9, Vista?

Thanks,
Howard