[Athen] Assistive technology plug-ins for Microsoft Word?

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Wed Aug 19 03:36:06 PDT 2009

There is also the Save as PDF or completely inaccessible XPS format plug-in
that lets you save documents as tagged PDF. It uses the Adobe 1.7 specs for
its tagged PDF in Office 2007.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4d951911-3e7e-4ae6-
b059-a2e79ed87041&displaylang=en

For Word 2007 there is a Redaction tool: http://redaction.codeplex.com/
A Redaction tool is available for 2003 but from the Microsoft site
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=028C0FD7-67C2-4B51-
8E87-65CC9F30F2ED&displaylang=en

Both produce accessible Redacted content in that the Redacted content is
replaced by a series of apostrophes which can be read by screen readers.

These are for the Windows versions as Office for Mac is not accessible using
VoiceOver so don't have any tools for that ...yet....hopefully in the
future.

BTW, In July I received a Microsoft MVP/Most Valued Professional Award for
Word! http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/

Cheers, Karen