[Athen] K-NFB ereader

Shelley Haven shelley at techpotential.net
Tue Dec 15 16:13:10 PST 2009

I believe the ultimate goal is that the software be platform-
independent -- something that will run on Macs, PCs, various mobile
devices, netbooks and tablets, etc. Here's a quote from Publisher's
Weekly, followed by a link to the article:

Kurzweil explained that the K-NFB e-reader software will run on
laptops and desktop computers (PCs and Macs) as well as netbooks and
mobile phones—Windows mobile and the iPhone right away with other
mobile phone operating sytems added as quickly as possible. The
software can read any format from straight text to PDF and ePub.

http://www.publishersweekly.com/article/CA6702317.html

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant