[Athen] Seeking info on Touch Tablets

Mike Gibson mikegibson at boisestate.edu
Tue Feb 3 14:59:37 PST 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am working with a student this semester who has issues using a
conventional mouse do to Carpal Tunnel and Fibromyalgia. She is
enrolled in a photography class this term which requires students to
use photo editing software. She is having problems with the fine mouse
movements to properly edit the photos and other related activities.

I have been reading about touch tablets and their use for drawing,
painting, and handwriting on a PC. Has anyone had experience using
these devices as a mouse alternative? If so what challenges were their?
Also any information on brands would be helpful as well.

Thank you in advance.

Mike Gibson
Assistive Technology Coordinator
Boise State University