[Athen] Fast ForWord and Posit Science

Jayme Johnson jjohnson at htctu.net
Wed Feb 4 11:09:56 PST 2009

Hello Cath, I can tell you about both Fast ForWord and Posit Science- I
actually did my practicum with Posit Science and am still involved with some
instructional design projects there. Both of these programs have potential
for a variety of learning disabilities, but there is no program that will
simply address ADD in and of itself. Depending on the specific situation
with this child, either of these might be a part of a bigger solution, but
neither are intended to be an ADD rehabilitative tool.

I was fortunate enough to manage a project here at the HTCTU that addressed
the variables in finding appropriate software for different types of
learning disabilities. Please feel free to contact me if you'd like to know
more, and you can also check out the instructional resource we have online
that was the end result of the project:
http://htctu.net/trainings/manuals/tutorials/ldsoft/document/main.htm.

Good luck!

Jayme Johnson

High Tech Center Training Unit

(408) 996-6045

<http://www.htctu.net/> http://www.htctu.net

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.