[Athen] Best practise for threads in discussions.

Hadi Rangin hadi at illinois.edu
Fri Feb 6 08:46:24 PST 2009

I just wanted to add to what Patrick and Sean said.

For online forum, the best method would be to use a combination of (ordered)
list and proper heading to the beginning of each responses.

For regular e-mailing, it is very important that:
1. you quote only the section of the original e-mail that you want to
respond and delete all extra surrounding text.
2. you do not re-attach your signature file over and over. Most e-mail
programs/webmail application have an option to disable this feature.
3. when forwarding an e-mail, you remove all unnecessary e-mail headers.
Keep only From, To/CC (if there are just a few), and subject line. I
guarantee that screen reader users will appreciate and be more eager to read
your e-mails if they are cleaner.

Hadi