[Athen] Elluminate - accessibile or not?

Patrick Burke burke at ucla.edu
Wed Feb 25 09:10:14 PST 2009

Hi all,

Our campus is piloting Elluminate this quarter. It has been a mixed
bag for me using Jaws.

They made substantial improvements in Elluminate 9 (released
November-ish, 2008). The menus now work reliably via keyboard, & you
can tab to all the controls. For efficient use it would still need a
few more key commands to jump to the different areas of the screen.

It did take me a while to get the audio working just right, but I
never had the severe problems that Hadi describes. (Perhaps different
soundcard setups, or ... who knows?)

The Whiteboard section & Participant list still don't work for me. I
will be submitting these & a series of minor issues in our feedback
report to the Elluminate company.

Patrick

--
Patrick J. Burke