[Athen] Web 2.0 Accessibility Forum

Jennison Mark Asuncion asuncion at alcor.concordia.ca
Wed Jan 7 15:50:44 PST 2009

Hello,

I wanted to let folks know that I have created a group on the
professional networking platform LinkedIn called Web 2.0 Accessibility
Forum, whose focus is, as its name suggests, a group on all topics
relevant to Web 2.0, next-generation web technology, and
accessibility. Like it or hate it, Web 2.0 applications, such as
Youtube and Facebook, along with next-generation web technologies are
gaining momentum in their adoption and use in place of HTML alone to
build rich internet experiences in areas such as education and the world of
work. The objective of this online
community therefore is to bring together: users with disabilities who
have first-hand experience interacting with Web 2.0 and related applications;
individuals working on and interested in accessibility efforts to make aspects
of Web
2.0 and next-generation web technology accessible; and the broader
community of Web 2.0 and next-generation technology developers and
champions to learn about and collaborate on ways to make these
applications as accessible as possible.

The URL for the group's page is http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1605077
- Note that if you are not a LinkedIn member, you will have to
register. I should say that as a screen reader user myself, LinkedIn
is one of the more accessible professional networking platforms, which is
partially behind why I decided to house the forum
there.

Regards,
Jennison

Jennison Asuncion