[Athen] online readiness surveys

Paul Harpur p.harpur at qut.edu.au
Fri Jun 5 22:49:19 PDT 2009

Gday Wink,

I’m totally blind so from a print disability perspective I found important questions were:

Is there a prescribed textbook and are the readings available electronically;
If they are color blind they should make sure they tell the professor so they can avoid putting green and reed on power points;
If the professor is referring to power points ask the professor to either make the power points available before class or make sure they read out the content in the class.

I’m now in academia but some problems I find other students have are:
Not all rooms have sufficient power sockets for every laptop so I used to carry a power board;
Make sure the student can access the website using their adaptive technology. If they are not up to speed with that they are in major problems. There are people who can provide training on adaptive technology and it is great to get trained.
Leave sufficient time to get mobilized around campus.

I attach a short manual I developed for law students at my university,

Paul.