[Athen] Favorite Text to Audio Converter

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 15:11:12 PDT 2009

HI Jackie,

I have used TextAloud to convert pdf files to wav files for audio output. I
also purchased 2 AT & T voices that load into TextAloud. The transfer if
easy and, I tested it on a full book that was in pdf format.

I have used Natural Reader and, the main reason I select TextAloud was the
dollar factor ( I think it was $59 while natural reader is $99.

Nettie

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 1:54 PM, Dutot, Jacqueline <
Jacqueline.Dutot at capella.edu> wrote:

> Hello ATHENS folks,

> I was wondering if anyone has a favorite text to audio converter they

> really like. I would like to use it to create audio files of textbook

> chapters for learners, so I'd like it to convert both Word and PDF files and

> be reasonably priced. The only one I've ever used is SpokenText.net and I'm

> curious what others use and like. Thanks for being a valuable source of AT

> knowledge for this rookie. <smile>

> Thanks,

> Jackie

> *Jackie Dutot, M.A.*

> *Disability Services Associate-Assistive Technology*

> *Toll Free:* 1-888-CAPELLA, x5926

> *Fax:* 612-977-5060

> *E-mail:* *DisabilityServices at capella.edu*<DisabilityServices at capella.edu>

> *Capella University*

> 225 South 6th Street, 9th Floor

> Minneapolis, MN 55402

> *www.capella.edu* <http://www.capella.edu/>

> *******Internet Email Confidentiality Footer*********

> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If

> you are not the addressee indicated on this message, (or responsible for

> delivery of the message to such person) you may not copy or deliver this

> message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly

> notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your

> employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

> Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not

> relate to official business shall be understood as neither given nor

> endorsed by it.

Nettie T. Fischer, ATP
Assistive Technology Practitioner
Nettiet, ATP Consultants