[Athen] feedback on round-table networking time at AHG 2009

Howard Kramer Howard.Kramer at Colorado.EDU
Thu Jun 25 16:19:38 PDT 2009

Hello All:

It seems the consensus is definitely to not have competition during the round-table discussions. I think I have a solution. Dedicate 9:15 - 10:15 a.m. on Friday morning, after the first round of sessions, to round-table discussion. There's a 15 minute break on either end, after and before the previous and next round of workshops. This would seem to provide adequate dedicated time for networking and round-table discussion. And by Friday, folks might welcome a break from the workshops.

Having it during lunch on Thursday, as per Jon's and Hadi's suggestion, also seems workable but I'd like to keep the keynote lunch as it is this year. But perhaps this is the way to go next year.

Let me know what you think. The next step is to identify round-table topics and someone to perhaps lead or at least facilitate discussion. After all, we don't want anarchy. :-)

Thanks,
Howard