[Athen] Mac vs. Windows for low vision & speech recognition

Howard Kramer hkramer at colorado.edu
Tue Mar 17 07:24:11 PDT 2009

Hello All:

I'm working with someone who needs speech recognition and moderate screen
enlargement - not necessarily through zoomtext - enlarged font and operating
system scheme would probably suffice. This person is pushing for a Mac. I
know the new Mac Speech Dictate is supposed to be very good but does anyone
have an opinion on the Mac platform for this type of situation. I also worry
about keyboard control through the Mac - my memory is that you don't have as
much keyboard control.

Thanks,
Howard

--