[Athen] Kindle Release Notes Thusfar
Kelmer, Susan M.
SKelmer at stlcc.edu
Wed May 6 08:39:33 PDT 2009
The press conference is being aired now, and I'm picking up a few
interesting notes so far:
1. Screen is 9.7 inches tall
2. Auto-orient if Kindle is turned sideways
3. If a book is offered for the Kindle, 35% of the book's sales
are going to Kindle owners (a SHOCKING amount)
4. Cost is $489
5. Books in PDF come with a native PDF reader on board.
6. Can hold 3500 books (another shocking figure)
7. 25% more battery life, read for days without recharging
8. More grey-scale, up to 16 shades of grey now.
9. Read-to-Me feature that will read every newspaper, magazine,
blog, and book out loud unless disabled by the rights holder.
10. More than 275K books, newspapers, magazines, and blogs available
11. Price drops, most new releases plus the NYTimes bestsellers for
12. 1/3 inch thick, 10.2 ounces
13. Amazon has partnered with Pearson, Wiley, and Cengage to provide
textbooks on the Kindle.
Adaptive Technology Specialist/
Lab Coordinator, Campus Labs and Classrooms
St. Louis Community College - Meramec
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list