[Athen] [Nimas.ig] Accessible E-Book from mainstream publisher

Ron Stewart ron at ahead.org
Fri Oct 16 08:16:09 PDT 2009

There is also one Publisher, Pearson's K-12 division, that has released a
prototype fully accessible elementary book that is HTML based but appears to
be intended to test the market waters at this point. As far as I am aware
no similar effort current in the public arena for a similar work from the
other major publishers but am sure it will be coming.

In addition Elsevier, provides XML based source files upon request for their
books so they are providing an accessible source file but it still requires
some work to be student ready.

Ron Stewart