[Athen] Medium capacity Braille embosser?

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 17 06:30:18 PDT 2009

ATHEN:

Any recommendations for medium volume Braille embosser for embossing textbooks? We need something faster than a personal/desktop system but not as big/fast as what is used to in high volume publishing houses for magazines.

Requirements
* Interpoint
* Accepts at least 11.5" wide paper

Preferences
* Reasonable footprint and space requirements
* Front access only (for loading and retrieving paper) would be ideal so that we can provide accessible access to it without requiring too big of a room. Being able to put it sideways against the wall would be OK if front and back access is required.
* Anything decent in a cut-sheet embosser?

Thanks for any thoughts and ideas,

Todd Schwanke
McBurney Disability Resource Center
UW-Madison