[Athen] Medium capacity Braille embosser?

Robert Beach rbeach at KCKCC.EDU
Thu Sep 17 08:08:33 PDT 2009

I second Ron's suggestion. We have both the Juliet Pro and the Tiger Pro here. If somebody told me I had to keep one and get rid of the other, I'd give up the Tiger and keep te Juliet. While they are both good embossers, I like most features of the Juliet better.

Juliet will handle the 11.5X11 paper that you want. The Pro can do cut sheet paper as well, but I never use that feature since it does cut down the number of lines of braille you can get on a page. It also does interpoint with one pass.

Having said that, let me also point out that the Juliet does feed the paper out through the back, not the front.

HTH!

From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On Behalf Of Ron Stewart [ron at ahead.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 8:33 AM
To: 'Access Technology Higher Education Network'
Subject: Re: [Athen] Medium capacity Braille embosser?

Juliet Pro

Ron Stewart

-----Original Message-----
From: athen-bounces at athenpro.org [mailto:athen-bounces at athenpro.org] On
Behalf Of Todd Schwanke
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 9:30 AM
To: Access Technology Higher Education Network
Subject: [Athen] Medium capacity Braille embosser?

ATHEN:

Any recommendations for medium volume Braille embosser for embossing
textbooks? We need something faster than a personal/desktop system but not
as big/fast as what is used to in high volume publishing houses for
magazines.

Requirements
* Interpoint
* Accepts at least 11.5" wide paper

Preferences
* Reasonable footprint and space requirements
* Front access only (for loading and retrieving paper) would be ideal so
that we can provide accessible access to it without requiring too big of a
room. Being able to put it sideways against the wall would be OK if front
and back access is required.
* Anything decent in a cut-sheet embosser?

Thanks for any thoughts and ideas,

Todd Schwanke
McBurney Disability Resource Center
UW-Madison