[Athen] Medium capacity Braille embosser?

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at wisc.edu
Thu Sep 17 14:39:34 PDT 2009

Thanks all for your suggestions.

We do have the current Sound Enclosure (PeaceMaker or "the spaceship" as it is often called around here) that we use with a Juliet Classic. Definitely reduces the noise, but doesn't quiet it completely. Paper feeds in the bottom front and out the back so job size doesn't matter much. It does increase the need to get access to the back to tear off paper as you can' really reach over or around it easily. It took a bit before we got the right alignment of the adjustable guides at the back that balanced noise containment without causing paper jams. It's not good when the paper starts to accordion inside the enclosure instead of going out the back slot.

Any suggestions for tables or carts either commercial or custom to hold the Juliet? If using a cart or table with wheels, do they have integrated shelves or bins that hold the box of paper and catch the completed jobs so that everything moves together?

Thanks again,
Todd Schwanke
McBurney Disability Resource Center
UW-Madison