[Athen] accessible chat utilities

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at asu.edu
Wed Apr 7 16:44:21 PDT 2010

Greetings, all. I'm seeking input on the accessibility of various chat
utilities -- Yahoo! Messenger, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc. I'm
specifically examining the installable clients on Windows machines (XP
and Win7 primarily), not the web versions of these programs, and would
welcome input on their use with screen readers, screen magnifiers, and
speech recognition, as well as any other AT you'd care to include. If
anyone who uses AT has a "favorite" chat program, I'd appreciate hearing
that.

Thanks in advance,
Teresa

Teresa LW Haven, Ph.D.