[Athen] CourseSmart textbooks on the iPad - but...

Shelley Haven ShelleyHaven at techpotential.net
Sun Apr 11 11:08:19 PDT 2010

For what it's worth, the iPad version actually is an online version. On the FAQ page (http://www.coursesmart.com/go/ipad/FAQ.html) I read:

"Do I need the internet to use the app?"
Yes. CourseSmart is authorized to provide access to eTextbooks on a subscription basis. We need the internet to verify your free student or instructor account.

...so I gather that the books may not actually reside on the iPad itself, as with Apple's iBooks, but "in the cloud".

Also, the "We Apologize..." statement applies to all their eBooks, not just the iPad version. There's a tiny "Accessibility" link at the bottom of their homepage.

- Shelley

Shelley Haven ATP, RET
Assistive Technology Consultant
www.TechPotential.net