[Athen] Screen reader and Eee PC?

Gabbert, Darren L. darren at missouri.edu
Wed Feb 17 11:28:27 PST 2010

I am working with someone who is blind that is in need of a low/no cost screen reader for her PC. It turns out she has been given a Eee PC. I am perfectly unfamiliar with this puppy. It is apparently a Linux based laptop. It is running an Intel R Mobile Processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB Hard Drive, and runs some kind of word processing programs called Star Office 8 and Ez PenPower Jr. Seems to use Firefox for a browser.

Anyway, I need some suggestions here on providing screen reader capabilities. Thanks in advance...

Darren

Darren Gabbert
Grants & Contracts Administrator
Adaptive Computing Technology Center
University of Missouri Division of IT
N-18 Memorial Union
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: (573) 673-5629
Fax: (314) 594-9909
Darren at Missouri.edu<mailto:Darren at Missouri.eduedu>
[cid:175291318 at 17022010-1F9A]