[Athen] Screen reader and Eee PC?

eileen berger bergerei at gse.harvard.edu
Thu Feb 18 05:32:20 PST 2010

Hi- have a student using this little computer. She is using kurzweil 1000
with great success.
Eileen

--On Wednesday, February 17, 2010 1:28 PM -0600 "Gabbert, Darren L."
<darren at missouri.edu> wrote:

> I am working with someone who is blind that is in need of a low/no cost

> screen reader for her PC. It turns out she has been given a Eee PC. I

> am perfectly unfamiliar with this puppy. It is apparently a Linux based

> laptop. It is running an Intel R Mobile Processor, 1GB RAM, 4GB Hard

> Drive, and runs some kind of word processing programs called Star Office

> 8 and Ez PenPower Jr. Seems to use Firefox for a browser.

> Anyway, I need some suggestions here on providing screen reader

> capabilities. Thanks in advance...

> Darren

> Darren Gabbert

> Grants & Contracts Administrator

> Adaptive Computing Technology Center

> University of Missouri Division of IT

> N-18 Memorial Union

> Columbia, MO 65211

> Phone: (573) 673-5629

> Fax: (314) 594-9909

> Darren at Missouri.edu

> [Image: "cid:image001.jpg at 01C9C3E9.F7428D60"]

Eileen Connell Berger
Assistant Director
Office of Student Affairs,
Access and Disability Services Administrator
Harvard University
Graduate School of Education
Longfellow Hall 046
13 Appian Way,
Cambridge, Ma. 02138
phone: 617 495 5838
fax: 617 496 8024
bergerei at gse.harvard.edu

This message is intended for the designated recipient(s). It may contain
confidential or proprietary information and may be subject to
confidentiality protections. If you are not a designated recipient, you may
not review copy or distribute this message. If you receive this in error,
please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you.