[Athen] Fwd: E Book Reader question

Prof Norm Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 17:33:33 PST 2010

Hi ATHEN experts!!
I got this question about e-readers. I have no idea whether any of them
are good enough for a school to buy or whether they are all real problems.
Please answer Bonnie directly or, if you reply here, I'll forward it to her.
Thanks
Norm

>Bonnie_Robinson at umit.maine.edu designates 130.111.32.28 as permitted

>sender) smtp.mail=Bonnie_Robinson at umit.maine.edu

>Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:58:18 -0500

>Subject: E Book Reader question

>To: marisol.miranda at gmail.com, Norm.coombs at gmail.com

>From: "Bonnie Robinson" <Bonnie_Robinson at umit.maine.edu>

>Hello Marisol and Norm,

>I have taken a number of the EASI webinars and courses from you over the

>past couple of years and I'm hoping you can help me with a question I

>received from a colleague.

>Our library is considering the purchase of e-book readers. They want to

>be sure they look at all the options before a decision is made.

>They feel that Kindle is a definite no and that, so far, the iPad is

>getting good press from the point of view of accessibility. Do either one

>of you have any info on Nook (Barnes and Noble) or the Sony Ebook Reader?

>Could you provide any thoughts

>on which e-book readers would be good to purchase?

>Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

>Bonnie Robinson

>University of Maine

>Center for Community Inclusion & Disability Studies

>5717 Corbett Hall

>Orono, ME 04469

>207-581-1084 ext. 1384

>http://www.ccids.umaine.edu

Once you choose hope, anything's possible. Christopher Reeve

Norman Coombs norm.coombs at gmail.com
CEO EASI Equal Access to Software and Information
phone (949) 855-4852 (NOTE pacific time zone)
****READ ABOUT THE DICK BANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
http://easi.cc/scholarship.htm