[Athen] ReadSpeaker - Your website speech enabled

Jon Gunderson jongund at illinois.edu
Mon Jan 4 05:31:32 PST 2010

There are already many assistive technologies to read web pages (some free), and it seems that just a straight conversion of HTML to MP3 of a web site could be confusing, since the reading order may not make sense.

You may want to compare to the product to BrowseAloud.

http://www.browsealoud.com/page.asp?pg_id=80094&tile=USA

I have seen demos of Browse Aloud and I think it has some benefits.

Unfortunately our campus right now is not interested in the product.

Jon