[Athen] Document structure in LD software

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 08:09:36 PST 2010

Good morning back to all,

I have explored various programs to reproduce documents in their original
format and have found that Kurzweil does allow this option - unless I am
misunderstanding the question. But, if and when you transfer the scanned
document into a Word document, it does lose its original format. Printing
from the Kurzweil document, maintains the original format.

Nettie's experience to date - <smile>

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 8:00 AM, Pielaet, Jon <jon.pielaet at mso.umt.edu>wrote:

> Good Morning Everyone,

> It's been my experience that most reading applications (WYNN, K1000,

> and alike) reduce the document structure to "simplify" the presented

> document.

> This has certainly been the case with WYNN in all of the different file

> formats that I have tested. (other than DAISY)

> Reading order tends to remain intact regardless of the file format but

> little else as far as structure.

> I do know that K3000 has a Microsoft Word toolbar, the toolbar allows

> you to use all of the K3000 functions in Word so that would presumably

> retain the document structure.

> If there is a better solution, I would be equally interested in

> hearing about it.

> Best of Luck,

> Jon P. Pielaet

> Program Assistant for Instructional Materials

> Disability Services for Students

> The University to Montana

> Emma B. Lommasson Center 154

> Missoula, MT 59812