[Athen] Math Talk and Math Pad

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Fri Jan 8 10:36:58 PST 2010

One of our CCCs had a student (quad, I think) use MathTalk with Scientific
Notebook (and Dragon, of course), and it apparently worked out extremely
well. Unfortunately, I have heard of more failures than successes-although
not because of the technology! In my experience, it helps if the student is
already a proficient Dragon user. When a student tries to learn Dragon and
MathTalk and Scientific Notebook all from scratch, it requires real
dedication and extreme patience.

I have not used MathPad, but I believe it's just for arithmetic. Scientific
Notebook handles higher level math.

Good luck!

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.

_____