[Athen] Math Talk and Math Pad

Nettie Fischer nettiet at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 10:58:49 PST 2010

Yes, My experience with mathpad is as a basic math program for elementary
school students and/or students who are working on basic math problems,
i.e., add, subtract, divide, etc. I have not seen it used for equations
and/or formula type math problems.

Nettie

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Gaeir Dietrich <gdietrich at htctu.net> wrote:

> One of our CCCs had a student (quad, I think) use MathTalk with

> Scientific Notebook (and Dragon, of course), and it apparently worked out

> extremely well. Unfortunately, I have heard of more failures than

> successes—although not because of the technology! In my experience, it helps

> if the student is already a proficient Dragon user. When a student tries to

> learn Dragon and MathTalk and Scientific Notebook all from scratch, it

> requires real dedication and extreme patience.

> I have not used MathPad, but I believe it’s just for arithmetic. Scientific

> Notebook handles higher level math.

> Good luck!

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich

> High Tech Center Training Unit of the

> California Community Colleges

> De Anza College, Cupertino, CA

> www.htctu.net

> 408-996-6043

> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California

> Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students

> with disabilities.

Nettie T. Fischer, ATP
Assistive Technology Practitioner
Nettiet, ATP Consultants