[Athen] Caption file creation with Naturally Speaking or Mac Speech Dictate?

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 12 10:56:18 PST 2010

Hi Todd,

> Is anyone aware of a software program or add-on
> that will allow a user of Naturally Speaking or
> MacSpeech Dictate to create a caption file (or at
> least a transcript with some sort of timing
> information) simultaneously as they dictate &
> make a recording of their audio/video?

I am not aware of anything that is focused on the end-user market (I had
looked around earlier this year and could not find any products). There
are some options from a "package"-type approach as in IBM's ViaScribe
(http://www.liberatedlearning.com/technology/index.shtml), SyNote in the
University of Southampton
(http://www.synote.ecs.soton.ac.uk/overview/index.php) or DocSoft's AV
appliance (http://www.docsoft.com/Products/AV/), but I have not seen
anything that would be more focused at the end-user specifically.

If I run across anything, I will post to the list...

Take care,
Sean