[Athen] resources for access to the curriculum

Zahavit Paz zpaz at ldrfa.org
Mon Jan 25 20:55:43 PST 2010

Howard hi,
great topic!
in spite, of all the positive changes, students with disabilities still
face many difficulties and challenges . For example, access to syllabus
book list 3-4 weeks before the semester starts. to give them a chance to
order their books in digital format from libraries especially true for new
textbooks .

Higher Ed do not any special policy about syllabus for people with
disabilities it's left for the Prof's who often are not familiar with the
process of applying for digital text books.
This is part of the problem why students with disabilities drop out rate
at higher education is nearly twice the rate than students without
disabilities.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Howard Kramer
<Howard.Kramer at colorado.edu>wrote:

> Hey all:

> I'm doing one of my presentations at ATIA on "access to the

> curriculum." I've done it before but if any one has any

> resources to point me to or important themes to mention, it

> would be appreciated.

> Thanks,

> Howard

Love&Light