[Athen] FW: AT Master's Candidate Looking For Opportunities
kathleenn at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 04:08:02 PDT 2010
Just saw this job posting on Adobe's blog:
http://blogs.adobe.com/accessibility/. Looks interesting for someone with
computer science background and AT
The Adobe accessibility team is looking for an accessibility engineer, to be
based in Adobe's London office. I'm happy to discuss the position with
people who are interested in learning more, but the first step should be to
check out the job posting - view job description (enter job number 04099
into the job search form).Accessibility Engineer(Job Number: 04099)
Job Posting:May 27, 2010 - Requisition ID 04099
• Develop resources and train internal sales engineers in current
• Act as liaison to disability advocacy groups in Europe
• Represent Adobe on European policy groups covering accessibility.
• Present on accessibility at European conferences and events
• Gather information to support development of requirements for product
• Computer Science background.
• Experience with Adobe products, especially Flash, Flex, LiveCycle, and
• Experience working on accessibility standards and policy efforts
• Experience with (or strong interest in) developing with the needs of users
with disabilities in mind and familiarity with (or interest in) assistive
technologies such as screen readers and screen magnifiers.
• Strong problem-solving, public speaking, and interpersonal skills
• Regular international travel may be required
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 3:10 PM, Gabbert, Darren L. <darren at missouri.edu>wrote:
> Thought I would pass this along...
> -----Original Message-----
> From: RESNA's Assistive Technology Forum [mailto:AT-FORUM at LIST.RESNA.ORG]
> On Behalf Of Michael Boyce
> Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 10:09 AM
> To: AT-FORUM at LIST.RESNA.ORG
> Subject: AT Master's Candidate Looking For Opportunities
> Good morning everyone,
> My name is Michael Boyce and I am currently a Master's Candidate in
> Computer Science with a specialization in AT at Georgia Tech. I am writing
> because I am graduating in May and I would like to focus on AT as a career.
> I have been applying to positions posted via RESNA, I have reached out to my
> vocational rehab, my school career counseling office, my current internship
> supervisors, and I have interviewed through the Workforce Recruitment
> Program through ODEP. I was wondering if anyone knew of any available
> opportunities, or contacts that I might reach out to.
> I don't want to clog anyone's email, and I wouldn't be posting here if I
> had not tried every option that has been passed my way. I do apologize for
> any inconvenience. I have attached my most updated resume.
> Thank you very much for your time.
> Michael Boyce
> Athen mailing list
> Athen at athenpro.org
Technology Integration/Network Admin
Eden Central School
140 Knowles Flat Road
Eden Vt 05652
Waterville Elementary School
3414 VT Route 109
Waterville, VT 05492
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the athen-list