[Athen] Accessibility of ToolTip and Lightbox

Ken Petri petri.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jun 16 14:56:43 PDT 2010

Hi Nicaise,

Dojo Dijit Tooltip works out of the box with no modifications in JAWS with
Firefox (3.5+) and IE (tested with version 8). For unknown reasons, it does
not work with NVDA. I am not sure why, because there is no doubt NVDA
supports role alert and role tooltip with Firefox. (You can verify by
checking the examples here: http://test.cita.illinois.edu/aria/.)

As for the lightbox problem, from what you describe, my vote goes with "it's
a JAWS problem."

Best regards,
ken
---
Ken Petri
Program Director, OSU Web Accessibility Center
102D Pomerene Hall, 1760 Neil Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Office: 614.292.1760
Mobile: 614.218.1499