[Athen] Help w\ Captioning

Teresa Haven Teresa.Haven at asu.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:27:26 PST 2010

I haven't tried it yet, but last night on NPR I heard an interview with
YouTube's caption mastermind. He indicated that the new automatic
captioning system is online and working; AND, although its
speech-recognition system is anything but perfect, it offers a quick way
for someone to caption a video, then go back and edit the
transcript/caption file to clean up the errors made by the speech
recognition process to end up with a cleanly captioned video with
relatively little effort. It's on my list of things to try out when I
have a few spare minutes...

Hope this helps,
Teresa

Teresa LW Haven, Ph.D.