[Athen] Help w\ Captioning

Todd Schwanke tschwanke at wisc.edu
Thu Mar 11 06:39:12 PST 2010

Yes, you can export the caption file and use in other software. But,
the export type is "SBV" which is a caption file format fairly specific
to YouTube. Some caption software programs are starting to support this
format. Otherwise you have to convert it first. I have found a few
websites that do SBV to SRT (SubRip format) conversion, which is more
widely supported.

Keep in mind:

* videos uploaded are public by default
* videos are limited to 10 minutes unless you have access to one of the
special accounts (e.g. one per edu address) that have capabilities for
longer videos.