[Athen] Help w\ Captioning

Melanie P Thornton mpthornton at ualr.edu
Thu Mar 11 07:05:11 PST 2010

Regarding YouTube, I've played around with it a bit. If you are trying
to do something quickly, and you create a transcript and upload it, it
does a pretty good job of matching up the transcript with the content.

However, after trying to fix the errors to get it more to my
satisfaction, I found that it was easier to just use Easy YouTube
Caption Creator by Accessify
(http://accessify.com/tools-and-wizards/accessibility-tools/easy-youtube-caption-creator/)
to add the timings.

I do suggest it for people who would otherwise not add captions, but for
those of us who are committed to adding captions and having them be
clean and match up well, there is no substitution for doing the extra work.

That said, it is amazing progress...and I expect to see it become even
better and easier.

Melanie