[Athen] central campus web and pdf production: a few questions

James Bailey jbailey at uoregon.edu
Tue Mar 16 08:27:25 PDT 2010

Hello All,

More and more colleges have services to create web and pdf content for departments and other campus entities (usually for a fee). I have a few questions about this:

- Does your campus have a central web and/or pdf development service?
- If so, have they articulated a policy of creating “accessible” websites and/or pdfs (either by standards compliance or some other method)?
- If they have such a policy, how well do they deliver on it (I have seen design departments have wonderful 508 compliance “guidelines” that are largely ignored)?

As you may have figured out, we have such a department and their commitment to accessibility is not quite exemplary. If I get over a half-dozen responses, I will summarize and report back to the list. Please forgive cross postings.

– Thanks, James

--
James Bailey
Adaptive Technology Access Adviser, University of Oregon
jbailey at uoregon.edu