[Athen] Alt format -- course readers

Kathleen Cahill kcahill at MIT.EDU
Tue May 11 04:47:09 PDT 2010

Hi Colleagues;

For those of you who generate textbooks in alt format, I have a question. How do you convert and process course readers? We have the experience where the professor only has a paper copy of the course reader (a collection of articles or chapters from various books) and we have to run OCR on that (with mixed results) despite the fact that the paper articles are not good quality. Do you require the college or academic department to provide electronic copies of the articles or is it up to your alt format staff to track those down?

Thank you,

Kathy