[Athen] Blindness access for math

Dan Comden danc at washington.edu
Wed May 12 12:17:08 PDT 2010

The challenge is getting the material into a form accessible to the
student. That student also needs to produce work using tools that are not
only accessible for him, but also for sighted instructors/TAs.

WinTriangle may be a good option. http://www.wintriangle.com/
You'll still need to assemble the material for him.

A few years ago we had great success with a couple of students who
knew/learned LaTeX -- it's a scientific markup language that may be used
throughout your campus in a variety of departments. That's the format that
Scientific Notebook can produce, btw. We had a team of student workers who
converted textbook material to LaTeX which was then made accessible to our
students, either in embossed Nemeth or in an electronic file. The student
workers were hired based on their knowledge of the material and LaTeX.

-*- Dan Comden danc at washington.edu
Access Technology Lab www.washington.edu/computing/atl
University of Washington UW Information Technology