[Athen] Extracting Highlighted Text

Shawn Foster FosterS at sou.edu
Fri May 14 11:34:45 PDT 2010

Hi Ellen:
Etext Reader ( http://www.readingmadeez.com/products/EtextReader.html )from Premier can do this, including extracting based on color. We got the whole suite for every computer on campus through their (very generous) grant ( http://www.readingmadeez.com/education/award.html )program a few years back.
Hope this helps.
Shawn

Shawn Foster
Assistive Technology Consultant
Southern Oregon University
V/TTY: (541)552-6213
blog: http://atatsou.blogspot.com ( http://atatsou.blogspot.com/ )

>>> On 5/14/2010 at 10:45 AM, in message <4358046F971C2140B04E06A457DA6E8D01C21BCA at ROMULUS.smc.edu>, "CUTLER_ELLEN" <CUTLER_ELLEN at smc.edu> wrote:

Hello,

Are any of you familiar with a program that can extract highlighted text? If the text could be extracted hierarchically based on color as Kurzweil does, that would be an amazing bonus. We are looking for a low to no-cost solution that only needs to be able to extract highlighted text from a program that provides highlighting like Word.

Thanks so much.

Ellen

Ellen Cutler
Santa Monica College
Disabled Student Services, High Tech Training Center
1900 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
310.434-4496
cutler_ellen at smc.edu