[Athen] Office for Mac 2011

Karlen Communications info at karlencommunications.com
Fri Oct 22 03:51:19 PDT 2010

This is a NYT article on the new version of Office for Mac.

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/21/office-for-mac-isnt-an-improvement
/

Although the author states it is a personal evaluation, after reading
through it I thought that some of the tools he uses would be ones those of
us using adaptive technology might use so thought the article might be
useful.

In terms of accessibility , Outlook has some VoiceOver support but only when
I hover the mouse over some of the information and I can't get it to
consistently read either the list of messages or lines in a message. The
other applications are still not accessible using VoiceOver but there are
keyboard commands for performing tasks.

Cheers, Karen