[Athen] AIM Commission Web Site

Gaeir Dietrich gdietrich at htctu.net
Thu Oct 28 11:58:52 PDT 2010

(Please forgive cross posts)

Hello all!

The recently formed federal Advisory Commission on Accessible Instructional
Materials in Postsecondary Education now has a live Web page on the US
Department of Education site:

http://www2.ed.gov/about/bdscomm/list/aim/contact.html

(For general background on the Commission, I have attached the AHEAD press
release that was sent out prior to the inaugural meeting.)

The Commission has been tasked with reviewing the issues surrounding access
to instructional materials for higher ed students who have print
disabilities. At the inaugural meeting, I was elected chair of the
Commission, and as chair, I want to let you all know that we want to hear
from YOU!

On the new Web page is an e-mail link for the AIM Commission (see below).
Please make the time to express your experiences with, issues about, and
concerns regarding providing accessible materials to your students. Please
also encourage your students to take the time to provide their own feedback.

It is very, very important that the Commission members understand the unique
issues that we face in higher ed, and the more perspective that you can
provide on these issues, the better.

Just to be clear, do NOT send your comments directly to me or to this list.
Your input will have much greater impact if you e-mail the Commission
directly.

Eventually, we will also be taking live public comment on these issues. We
cannot reach nearly as many people face-to-face as we can through the Web,
however, so please do consider taking the time to write the Commission
directly:

AIMCommission at ed.gov

Thank you very much for your input and support!

Gaeir (rhymes with "fire") Dietrich
High Tech Center Training Unit of the
California Community Colleges
De Anza College, Cupertino, CA
<http://www.htctu.net/> www.htctu.net
408-996-6043

The HTCTU provides leadership, training, and support to the California
Community Colleges in using technology to promote the success of students
with disabilities.

There is no success without access...