[Athen] TTS Apps that high lites while reading

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 24 09:23:59 PDT 2011

> Do you know of a reader for an iPad that high lite txt?
> Voiceover reads but i does not high lite txt.

The two apps that I can think of for the iOS platform include Speak It!
and Read2Go from Benetech.

Speak It! -
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speak-it!-text-to-speech/id308629295?mt=8

Read2Go -
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/read2go/id425585903?mt=8

With Speak It!, you can get additional voices at a very reasonable cost.
However, Read2Go offers a lot more functionality in terms of
controlling TTS as well as font characteristics.

Take care,
Sean

--
Sean Keegan
Associate Director, Assistive Technology