[Athen] Free Screen Readers

Kelly Ford kelly at kellford.com
Mon Feb 14 16:43:21 PST 2011

The main free screen reader is NVDA. See www.nvda-project.org.

System Access has a free screen reader for temporary use at www.satogo.com
but you should review the usage policy that comes up after you launch this
product as it states that it is only for temporary use and not meant as a
replacement screen reader. The company has other versions for purchase.

The biggest caution I'd say, and this is true for both pay and free, is you
need to know if the screen reader you select is going to work with the apps
and environment where it needs to be used. Discussion with the company and
trial are to me the best ways to still determine this.

Kelly