[Athen] Audio problem with Livescribe Pen

Sean J Keegan skeegan at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 28 17:08:52 PST 2011

Hello all,

I have a situation with a Livescribe Pen and would like to know if
anyone has experienced a similar problem.

I have a student who cannot transfer their Livescribe audio files from
the pen to computer. The notebook images are loaded on the computer,
but audio is not (i.e., there is no green text). The result is that no
audio will play from the Livescribe Desktop interface.

I tested the pen with separate notebook to see if there was something
wrong with the recording or synchronization capabilities of the pen, but
everything worked fine. The student did report that the pen got undocked
in the middle of a synchronization a few months ago and this is when
playback stopped working.

So, there is audio on the pen that will playback, but the student cannot
transfer the audio to the Livescribe Desktop nor are those synchronized
with the notebook images.

I suspect that the disruption in the synchronization process caused an
error in the pen, but the only solutions I have found so far call for a
master reset of the pen's firmware (and that will erase all the content).

Anyone have any tricks to getting audio off the Livescribe Pens?

Take care,
sean
--
Sean Keegan, M.S.
Associate Director, Assistive Technology