[Athen] Employment Request

Kelmer, Susan M. SKelmer at stlcc.edu
Sat Jan 29 07:24:15 PST 2011

I hope you all will indulge me for a few minutes. As of the end of June, I will no longer have my adaptive technology position at St. Louis Community College. State budget cuts have hit us pretty hard the last few years, but I was always protected because I was in the IT department, which never usually had to suffer through cuts. This year is different, and my position was eliminated.

Most of you know me at least somewhat and know what I've been involved in within the community. I've made presentations at AHG in Colorado, am currently Secretary of ATHEN, and have consulted with campuses around the country on their alt-format production processes. Working as I have in such a specialized way for the last 11 years has backed me into a corner as far as employment goes. I am willing to relocate to some areas of the country (west rather than east, north rather than south). I am, of course, searching all the job sites and making contacts wherever I can, but any pointers and suggestions are welcome. They can be sent to me privately to keep the discussion off the lists.

Thanks in advance.

Susan Kelmer
Lab Coordinator/Adaptive Technologist
St. Louis Community College - Meramec