[Athen] Mac Lab for music technology course

Jeffrey Dell jeffreydell99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:26:08 PDT 2011

>From what I'm reading there is not a great way to use ProTools and

Finale on Mac with VoiceOver the built in Mac screen reader. The most
promissing info is posted on a page for Garage Band. At the bottom in
the comments is mention of people having some VO access to ProTools.
http://blog.bryansmart.com/2010/11/01/new-garageband-accessibility-developments/
http://groups.google.com/group/ptaccess?pli=1
http://www.lioncourt.com/2009/10/05/digidesign-demonstrates-upcoming-protools-accessibility/
On another page I found Claims that Finale does not work at all with
VO. If the student is a JAWS user it would probably be better to look
for replacement programs that work on Windows with JAWS like Sound
Forge. VoiceOver would be a good skill to have but learning VO while
trying to learn a bundle of new software packages might cause your
student to fall behind. VO is very different from JAWS.
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/voiceover/
Jeff