[Athen] Assistive Technology Training Programs

hirschma at uwm.edu hirschma at uwm.edu
Mon Jun 13 08:56:48 PDT 2011

Hi Sheila,

There are a variety of programs one can choose from and the RESNA website offers some info at http://www.resna.org/resources/academic_programs_and_training.dot. The ATHEN website also has information about programs at http://www.athenpro.org/node/124. I suspect that it is not exactly up to date, but these websites are a place to start.

If you are serving state VR consumers, you may be eligible to participate in the TechSpec Assistive Technology and Accessible Design (ATAD) Graduate Certificate Program, an on-line training program, through the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, which offers a stipend to participants (http://techspec.r2d2.uwm.edu/ for information about dates, etc.); or the ATAD Graduate Certificate Program is available for enrollment at any time and information can be found at about this program at http://graduateschool.uwm.edu/students/prospective/areas-of-study/certificates/assistive-tech-accessible-design/ . I'm currently enrolled and would be happy to talk to you if you would like.

Good luck!

Aura Hirschman

--
"Design for People with Disabilities is Better Design for Everyone"

(for more information and resources - http://access-ed.r2d2.uwm.edu/)

Aura M. Hirschman, MS, CRC
Outreach and Training Coordinator
R2D2 Center, Enderis Hall, Room 135